It Is Never Too Early to Start Studying for the Bar Exam
The February 2023 bar exam is around the corner. Or, it will be soon enough. Will you be ready? Have you thought through how you are going to prepare? What most bar takers do not realize is that studying for the bar exam is its own separate experience.
Three Steps to Becoming a Lawyer
There are actually three steps to becoming a lawyer:
- Go to law school and build a strong foundation;
- Study for the bar approximately 500+ hours; and
- Take and pass the bar exam.
Students want to go from step 1 to step 3. But that is not a recipe for success. Students – or graduates – MUST engage in step 2 if they want to be successful on the bar exam.
But where are you going to find 500+ hours? Usually, you have about 8-10 weeks after graduation and before the bar exam. That means you would need to be able to spend 50-60 hours a week for that entire time to adequately prepare to take the bar.
Do you Have a Career? A Family? The Time? Is Bar Review at all Realistic for the Working Adult?
Balancing a career and family life is one of the most common sources of stress for working adults. Add the stress of studying for the California Bar Exam and the balance becomes even more daunting!
If you are thinking you simply cannot devote 50-60 hours a week to adequately prepare for the Bar Exam, Fleming’s Edge has the answer for you: a Long Term Bar Review Program that allows you to start much earlier and spread out that substantial workload over approximately six months.
Fleming’s Edge Long Term Bar Review
The benefits to Fleming’s Edge Long Term Bar Review are many.
- First, you can study approximately 20 hours a week over 6 months in an intentional way to maximize both learning and retention.
- Second, you can perfect the art of MBE-taking, essay-exam writing, and your performance test approach.
- Third, you can breathe and have the time to circle back as many times as you need to fully understand the material.
Plan Ahead - Set Yourself up for Success
Passing the bar exam is not something that just happens; you have to work for it. And, for the working adult who already has a full-time job, you need to plan ahead so that you actually have the time to set yourself up for success. Fleming’s can help you navigate this.
In many ways, success on the bar exam is like an iceberg. When you pass, people congratulate you and maybe even say how lucky you are. But, it is not luck. It is countless hours; it is dedication; it is – in short – a grind.
When people succeed, others see the trophy, the prize, the pass. They do not see the rest of the iceberg upon which that success has been built. And, without that iceberg – that mountain of hard work and perseverance – the trophy, the prize, and the pass would not be possible.
So, start now…don’t wait. Only you can make it happen! But you are not alone. Fleming’s is with you and wants to support you. With Fleming’s, you the perfect plan - just for you.
See Related Articles:
- Nobody Said it Would Be Easy . . . But it Will be Worth It!
- Take Care of YOU While Preparing for the California Bar Exam!
- Ten Tips to Level Up Your Bar Exam Training
- California Bar Exam Prep - Sample Questions With Answers
- A Good Preparation Strategy is Your Key to Passing the Bar Exam
- Professional Responsibility Is More Than Just A Passing Grade On The California Bar Exam
- Strategize Your Way to Passing the California Bar Exam
Leave a comment